Here are a few good reasons to choose our Landlord Insurance:
- We include cover for your loss of rent or for providing alternative accommodation for the tenant up to £40,000 as standard under buildings cover - if the home is made uninhabitable by an insured event.
- Optional legal expenses, rent guarantee and eviction of squatters provides cover for certain costs to pursue or defend claims involving a breach of tenancy agreement or occupation by squatters. And if your tenants don't pay their rent, that's covered too for up to 12 months.
- Home emergency cover up to £150 included as standard under buildings.
- Multiple properties can be insured under one policy with a discount based on portfolio size.
Cover you can count on
We're proud of the professional service we provide, and strive to deal with claims quickly and efficiently. We even provide a free legal helpline - just one of the reasons our Landlord Insurance is rated 4 star by Defaqto.
As a landlord, your rental property can be a great asset. But, if you're unprepared or just plain unlucky, it can fast become a financial burden.
Thankfully our Landlord Insurance can help protect your property, covering you for events such as; loss or damage caused by fire, flood, leaking oil or fallen trees, accidental damage, theft, unpaid rent and legal disputes. With us, you can sleep easy knowing your rental property is in safe hands.
Landlords Insurance additional cover options
With our Landlords Insurance, you can tailor your policy with the following optional cover:
- buildings accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants to cover you for incidents such as banging a nail through a pipe or putting a foot through the ceiling whilst in the loft and malicious damage by your tenants.
- contents accidental damage and malicious damage by tenants so you don’t have to worry about things such as spills on carpets and malicious damage by your tenants.
- legal expenses, rent guarantee and eviction of squatters cover insures you for irrecoverable costs and fees to pursue or defend claims involving breach of tenancy agreement and unpaid rent in excess of one month and up to 12 months. The maximum amount payable for legal expenses and unpaid rent in any 12 month period of cover is £50,000. Claims are handled on our behalf by DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Limited
Please note that Landlords Insurance is designed to cover certain unforeseen events and doesn't cover everything. It does not cover things like general wear and tear or damage that happens gradually over a period of time. There is also an excess on each claim.
This is only a summary of the cover, limitations and exclusions apply. Further details of what is and isn't covered are available in our Key Features Document. For insurance business we arrange policies exclusively from us.